Orthokeratology ExpertsDr. Cheryl Chapman is the Leading Orthokeratologist in the Midwest.
She is a fellow of the International Academy of Orthokeratology and Myopia Control, and she serves as President for the AAOMC.
Orthokeratology, or Ortho-K for short, is a non-surgical alternative to LASIK.
Ortho-K contact lenses are specially designed to gently reshape the curvature of the eye while sleeping at night, creating clearer vision during the day and eliminating the need for daytime glasses or contact lenses.
This is a safe, effective, and FDA-approved treatment for nearsightedness or myopia, astigmatism, and presbyopia (blurred near vision).
Also, Ortho-K has been proven to slow progression of nearsigtedness in children.
Risk factors for myopia onset and progression include:
- AGE OF ONSET: 9 or younger
- FAMILY HISTORY: parents, grandparents, or siblings
- RATE OF PROGRESSION: -1.00 Diopter or more per year
- ETHNICITY: Asian heritage
- NEAR WORK: 2 hours or more per day
- TIME SPENT OUTDOORS: 2 hours or less per day